Yes, you've seen mug cake recipes before. But our Violet Crumble Choc Lava Mug Cake will hit them out the park. Super simple but OH so tasty. This is the perfect recipe to celebrate World Chocolate Day!
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 tablespoons self raising flour
- 4 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 50gm melted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk (or cream)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg
- 4 squares milk chocolate
- 1 Violet Crumble bar (reserve a 1inch piece from each end and shatter middle section into crumbs)
- Whipped cream in a can Extra Violet Crumble to decorate
- Sift together cocoa and flour. Mix in brown sugar, followed by melted butter, milk, vanilla, and egg. Stir in the shattered Violet Crumble.
- Divide the mixture between 2 mugs. Pop 2 squares of chocolate in the centre of each mug followed by 1 end piece of Violet Crumble bar.
- Cook in a microwave for 45-75 seconds or until the outside is set and the centre is still gooey.
- Top with whipped cream and lots of shattered Violet Crumble.