Robern Menz Products:
Did you know, the French word friand literally translates into "tasty thing"? And that is exactly what this is!
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup plain flour
- 6 egg whites, lightly whisked
- ¾ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 x 50g Violet Crumbles bars, broken into rough pieces (reserve 1/3 for topping on Violet Crumble Friands)
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole friand or mini muffin pan.
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add almond meal and flour and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre. Add egg whites and butter. Mix well. Add broken pieces of Violet Crumble.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of Friands comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and coco powder. Sprinkle remaining Violent Crumble crumb to serve.